Appendix G - Video Library
EHS Video Library:
EHS has developed a safety video YouTube channel.
We expect to continue to add to this library, so if you have suggestions about topics for videos that would provide useful to your constituencies, please let us know at askEHS and we'll do our best to meet this need.
In addition, we maintain 3 Twitter feeds:
@cornelllabsafe - laboratory safety, nanotech and green chemistry news
@acsdchas - hazmat incidents and information
@labsustain - news related laboratory sustainability
All three of these twitter feeds are active, with 3 to 5 tweets per day.
We also recommend these videos from other campuses:
1. A Day in the Lab (University of California San Diego):
This video describes the importance of laboratory safety from the perspective a Principal Investigator.
2. Working with Pyrophoric Reagents (from University of California, San Diego):
This page has three videos:
3. Flash Chromatography (from Uniiversity of California, San Diego Environmental Health and Safety):
The following video provides a brief overview of the hazards associated with flash chromatography.
4. Experimenting with Danger (24:05) US Chemical Safety Board overview of academic lab safety
This video describes hazards associated with research at chemical laboratories in academic institutions.
5. Carbon Nanotubes Risks - exposure, chemistry and physical form (University of Michigan Risk Science Center)
An overview of the factors to consider in assessing health risks associated with carbon nanotubes
Additional Laboratory Safety Resources:
PowerPoint of "Working Safely in the Laboratory":
Working safely in the laboratory and
Working safe quiz chemical version
PowerPoint and quiz for "Introduction to the GHS System for Lab Workers"
GHS update for labs and
GHS Update quiz
A video version of this program can be found at
Cornell University Biological Safety Manual
Cornell University Laboratory Safety Manual
Biosafety in the Laboratory
American Chemical Society, Safety in Academic Chemistry Laboratories
Prudent Practices in the Laboratory from the National Research Council
Identifying and Evaluating Hazards in Research Laboratories